The grand finale of the EPT 2016 takes place in the prestigious city of Monaco
From year to year, each stage of the Tour bluffs us more and more. The best poker festivals are undoubtedly those of the European Poker Tour
EPT, season 12
The next event European Poker Tour promises to be one of the most memorable of all festivals. The big comeback of this traditional event of Poker getting ready at the Monte-Carlo Bay Resort. Sponsored by Pokerstars, the grand final will take place from April 26 until May 6, 2016.
This poker tournament turns out to be even more promising this year and the poker stars will be in their element as they gather in Monaco, one of the most 'jet set' European destinations on the French Riviera.
The previous EPT season was quite another interesting one since it took place on the island of Malta, Mediterranean jewels with a very rich history. This season is still inked in our minds as poker players since it is French Jean Montury who won the title of Main Event of Malta's EPT in 2015. But the real big winner is none other than the Spanish Adrian mateos diaz who won the EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo. Indeed, after defeating 563 opponents in the Main Event, Mateos Diaz becomes the new pride of Spain by winning the European Poker Tournament and leaving with more than a million euros. But this is just one more reward for the young Hispanic expatriate in London, who has been chaining the titles for a while.
Good plans EPT 2016
Poker players who qualify with PokerStars will be entitled to a full travel package and will be staying at the Monte Carlo Bay Resort hotel. For other players in theEPT Grand Final, know that you will have the choice between many alternatives and that you will benefit from the best prices.
Good to know for any new EPT Grand Final qualifier:
- There may be changes in the tournament structure or in the program itself, this is within the rights of the Tournament Director
- Staff and croupiers costs (max. 3% of prize pool) are applicable
- From 21 tournament participants (except excluded events such as Super Satellites), points are awarded for the trophy ‘EPT Player of the Year ’
- All tournament the USA Poker Series less than 1000 euros of buy-in, the Main Event FPS and the High Roller FPS also award points for the trophy of the FPS Player of the Year (except excluded events such as Super Satellites)
Detailed tournament info
Knowing that in 2015 there were more than 1,200 qualified to compete in the EPT tournaments which still had a prize value of 18 million euros, what to expect this year?? With a rich program of 48 tournaments over ten days, cash games dailies ending at dawn and astronomically worth prizes, the 2016 EPT Grand Final is shaping up to be obvious to live poker pros.
The EPT program and its key dates
Even if there is something for all budgets and cash games they too begin at the end of the day on April 26, 2016, we note below the notorious EPT events with their buy-in:
- High Roller Single Re-Entry (April 26-28, 2016) - $ 10,000 + $ 300
- FPS Main Event (April 27 to May 1, 2016) - $ 1,000 + $ 100
- Super High Roller (April 28 to 30, 2016) - $ 98,000 + $ 2,000
- FPS High Roller (April 29 to 30, 2016) - $ 2,000 + $ 200
- EPT Main Event (April 30 to May 6, 2016) - $ 5,000 + $ 300
- EPT High Roller (May 4 to 6, 2016) - $ 25,000 + $ 750
- Single Day Super High Roller (May 6, 2016) - $ 49,000 + $ 1,000